Register Today: The 2021 AHEAD in Texas Spring Brown Bag Discussion and Webinar SeriesEvery Thursday from March 25 through April 15, AHEAD in Texas is pleased to host a brown bag discussion followed by a webinar session to keep us connected and continue supporting your work. Each week, we will host a 60-minute lunchtime discussion centered around important topics happening in the disability resources and support space. You will have a chance to ask questions, engage colleagues and get valuable insight to guide your work. Following a short break, we will host a webinar-style presentation on topics ranging from database management best practices, assistive technology, resources for the deaf and hard of hearing, and much more. Led by your peers from across the region, presenters will deliver powerful insight to help you stay ahead of the current trends in our field and navigate all that is new in light of COVID.
- Series runs every Thursday from March 25 through April 15.
- Brown Bag Lunch Discussions from 12:00-1:00 on a variety of topics (to be announced.)
- Webinars are from 1:30-3:00.
- March 25: Develop an Accessibility and Assistive Technology Plan, Why and How? (Marilyn Harren, Collin College)
- April 1: Reflections from an Online Pilot of a Text-to-Speech Tool (Dallas Swafford and Dara Anderson, Angelo State University)
- April 8: Creating Community within the Larger University Community (Randi Johnson- “d/Deaf Connect)
- April 15-Mental Health Support and Resources for College Students who are Deaf or Hard of Hearing (Olivia Rains and Sam Harris, Office of Deaf and Hard of Hearing Services)