Scheduled for to 00:00 am in Room 1
- Jessica N. Stone, M.S., CRC, LPC with University of North Texas
- Tania Heap, Ph.D with University of North Texas
|Two campus partners on the University of North Texas campus will highlight how they work together with students, faculty, and staff to promote equity and accessibility for students with disabilities, especially surrounding accessible documents and multimedia content. This workshop will also include a hands-on demonstration and share how student voice is used in the process.|
1. Participants will have a basic understanding of whether a document may be accessible and steps they can take to remediate it. (This is especially geared toward new staff or staff who do not have a lot of experience with document remediation and conversion.)
2. Participants will learn how our campus utilized student voice to make powerful changes and empower our students with disabilities on campus, specifically in regards to accessibility. They will be able to take this information back to their campuses.
3. Participants will learn how to use the resources they have, often limited resources, to make multimedia content accessible to both individuals with vision and hearing diagnoses.